Code Of Conduct
Upper Allen Mechanicsburg
It is the goal of the Upper Allen Mechanicsburg Baseball Association to teach skills and sportsmanship in a family friendly, respectful environment that promotes and develops a love for the game of baseball. The Upper Allen Mechanicsburg Baseball Association Board of Directors has mandated the following Code of Conduct. All managers, coaches, and parents must read this Code of Conduct and hereby agrees to comply with this Code of Conduct. Each manager will provide a copy of this code of conduct to any assistant coach or individual that regularly helps coach the team.
No board member, manager, coach, player, parent or spectator shall, at any time:
- Lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
- Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
- Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an official’s decision by throwing of gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsmanlike action.
- Be guilty of using unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of an opposing player.
- Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, official manager, coach, player or spectator.
- Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
- Appear on the field of play, stands, or anywhere on the little league complex while in an intoxicated state.
- Be guilty of gambling upon any play or outcome of any game with anyone at any time. Smoke or drink alcohol anywhere at a park where practices or games are held.
- Be guilty of publicly discussing with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any play, decision or a personal opinion on any players during the game.
- Speak disrespectfully to any manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
- Be guilty of tampering or manipulating any league rosters, schedules, draft positions or selections, official score books, rankings, financial records, or procedures.
- Challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretion during a game to penalize the offender according to the infraction up to and including expulsion from the game.
- Fail to leave the park grounds when ordered by an umpire or board member.
- Use email, social media, or any communication platform to harass or make inappropriate or offensive comments about UAMBA, its board members, coaches, parents or players.
- Engage in conduct, including publicly and/or on social media, that undermines or criticizes volunteers and is destructive to the goals of the organization. To this end, parents are encouraged to discuss any concerns or complaints about UAMBA, its volunteers, coaches or other parents by attending UAMBA Board Meetings.
- Board Members shall be loyal to the UAMBA program and its objectives, publicly defend UAMBA and fellow Board Members and abide by and support Board decisions.
The Board of Directors will review all infractions of the Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the board may assess additional disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the league.